2015 Flood Updates
Explanation of Rescheduled B2B Run Options
Deadline to make your selection is today, October 30th…
To help clarify “what to do or what will happen” based on the option you select, please refer to the info below:
1. If you are able to join us on November 14th, you do not need to contact us! Your registration will automatically be moved from the October race to the rescheduled event. Packet pickup is on Friday, November 13th from 5pm-8pm at the Quality Inn or on race day beginning at 6am under the marquee of the Strand Theatre on Front Street.
2. If you are transferring your registration to another runner for the November 14th event, email us. You will receive a transfer code and instructions via email that you will forward to the new runner.
3. If you are wanting the 50% discount for next year’s race (October 8, 2016), email us. After our November event, the 2016 Race and 50% off code can be set-up. You will receive an email with all the information that you will need to register for next year a few weeks after our November 14th event.
4. If you are wanting acknowledgement of a charitable donation in the amount of your registration fees paid (not including any fees paid to ItsYourRace), email us. You will receive a letter from Friendship Place soon.
Thank you again for all your patience and understanding through this Rescheduling Process. Registration is open til 7am on 11/13/15.
Laura and Scott Hutto
October 9, 2015
As a follow up to our email to you on October 7th, we wanted you to know the following:
1. Our race committee has confirmed that the 6th Annual Bridge2Bridge Run will be held on October 8, 2016.
2. The process for registration transfers from October 10, 2015 to November 14, 2015 will be as follows:
Registrant who wants to transfer must send an email requesting a transfer code to the race directors at email@example.com by 5pm on October 30, 2015.
A one-time transfer code will be provided to the registrant who will give this code to the new runner.
As soon as the transfer code is issued, the current registrant will be removed from the system.
The new runner will access ItsYourRace.com and complete the registration process (which includes the waiver form).
Any attempted transfer which takes place outside of this process, or which is not approved by the committee, will be invalid, and any runner who attempts to participate using an unauthorized transfer will be disqualified from participating in the event and all awards associated there with.
Thank you again for your patience and understanding. If you have any further questions, please do not hesitate to contact us.
Laura and Scott Hutto
October 7, 2015
To all registrants:
Again, we would like to thank you for your support of the Historic Georgetown Bridge2Bridge Run. As you might expect, the choice of postponing and/or canceling this year’s race was extremely difficult. Our committee was fully prepared to move forward with the event until yesterday afternoon. At that time, we were informed of an insurmountable hurdle - the police personnel and traffic control equipment needed to close the three bridges and maintain safety along other portions of the race course would not be available for Saturday. These assets are being deployed to other areas of the county due to the flooding that has occurred. As a result, there simply was no way to move forward with the races this Saturday.
Our committee met yesterday afternoon to discuss a delay or cancelation of the race. We all agreed that postponing the race until November 14th was better for the majority of runners, our designated charity - Friendship Place, and our community. However, regardless of the decision we made, the race has financial obligations that must be paid, whether or not the event occurs. While we would love to be able to return all funds to all who can’t participate, that is not an option. All registration material clearly states that registrations fees are non-refundable. This is common in most races because of the significant fixed costs that must be incurred weeks, and sometimes months, prior to the race. Our race committee, with the support of our local government and race timing company, is trying to minimize the effects of this change on our runners as best we can.
While we are unable to refund registration fees, the following options are available:
You may join us on November 14, 2015;
You may transfer your registration to another runner for the November 14th event;
You may receive a 50% discount for next year’s race (date TBD soon); or
If options 1-3 do not work for your situation, you may receive acknowledgement of a charitable donation from Friendship Place in the amount of your registration fees paid (not including any fees paid to ItsYourRace).
We will assume that you are participating in your registered event on November 14, 2015, unless we hear from you otherwise. If you would like to choose options 2, 3, or 4, please reply to this email by 5pm on October 30, 2015. Thank you again for your patience and understanding as we work through this unforeseen situation.
Laura and Scott Hutto
October 6, 2015
As many of you are aware, the state of South Carolina has experienced unprecedented rainfall. In the past four days, over 20” of rain have fallen in Georgetown County. Our Governor, Nikki Haley, has described the current conditions as “the worst flooding in the Lowcountry in a thousand years.” Across our state, at least 10 dams have breached or failed and the structural integrity of other dams and bridges are in question. Many roads throughout the state, to include 70 miles of Interstate 95, have been closed due to flooding.
To make matters worse, it has become apparent in the past few hours that this significant rainfall is now working its way downhill through our river systems causing additional flooding. Our local rivers, the Black, Pee Dee, Sampit, Santee and Waccamaw, are expected to continue to rise through the weekend.
We are sure you will understand that the safety of our runners, volunteers, and first responders is our number one priority.
Our race committee was informed today that the police personnel and traffic control devices needed to safely close the three bridges and associated roadways on our race course will not be available. These resources are being reallocated to emergency situations across our region. Rather than cancel, our race committee, with the support of our local government and PrecisionRace timing, has decided to reschedule the Historic Georgetown Bridge2Bridge Run to November 14, 2015.
On behalf of the race committee, we apologize for any inconvenience this may create. We know that many registrants have planned to be in Georgetown this weekend, and we truly appreciate your support. Of course, we will honor all current registrations for the November 14th race. Additional information concerning the rescheduled race will be distributed shortly via email, our website, and Facebook.
We value our runners’ participation. To those unable to run the rescheduled race, we are offering the option to receive 50% off registration for next year’s race. That date will be determined very soon. Details will be distributed via email from us shortly.
Thank you again for your support and understanding, and we hope to see you November 14th.
Laura and Scott Hutto